Thursday, 5 September 2013

Zambesi NZFW '13



I was lucky enough to go to the Zambesi show at this years New Zealand Fashion Week. I loved the simplicity of the collection, which definitely had key characteristics of Zambesi, it was on the avant garde side of street wear, but I don't think that would put me off buying it. From the opening of the show I knew it was going to be good. The moment those sliders opened you could here the buzz in the show. Being able to see the 'secretive' backstage workings added a whole new level to the show and at times I caught myself focusing on what was going on back there, rather than on the models in front of me. The makeup and hair was a perfect accessory to the outfits, the half slicked hair was a work of art and encompassed the sophistication and edginess of the clothes. The thick red lipstick was perfectly glossy, to the point where it looked wet, which I adored. I loved the heavy, structural woolen coats and the matte leather t-shirts and skirts. The gradual increase of colour from black and olive green to accents (and whole dresses) of bright poppy reds. Overall the collection was the perfect balance of simple and urban edginess. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment